[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
THE METRIC FORUM • View topic - Tell us: How did you discover Metric?

Tell us: How did you discover Metric?

Metric free-for-all

Moderators: MetricGnome, goneforeverxo

Tell us: How did you discover Metric?

Postby porter » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:55 am

Originally posted by desertseagull\r\n\r\nMetric has a growing following throughout North America w/o the benefit of major MTV/press exposure and at least where I live, none of the "alternative" radio stations I listen to play their music. So I thought it would be a good idea for those of us on the list to introduce ourselves and say how we first discovered the music of Metric -- was it from a chance visit to one of their shows? the poloroid ad? surfing the web? TV? radio? something else?\r\n\r\nAs for me, I discovered Metric on the telly.....I subscribe to satellite TV and every once in a while i like to listen to the Music Choice alternative channel where they often play kewl stuff I don't hear on the radio, and this summer/fall they have had combat baby on regular rotation. Then I checked out CD Baby on the web and the rest is history.....
porter
Site Admin

how i found the best band EVER

Postby Wet.Blanket. » Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:02 pm

i was just on the most addictive website ever (myspace) when i went on t o a fellow addicts page and they had combat baby on their profile. I imidiatly fell in love with them. So i started looking for them on myspace and in music stores, thanks ot the friendly people in hmv i was hooked up with their cds and i have entered my metric phase..
Wet.Blanket.
wet blanket

Postby soybean » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:14 pm

I'd heard Combat Baby somewhere, somehow, and then one of my friends had it playing on a mix in the car one day. I thought it was great... and in the next few days heard my little sister listening to Metric - turns out her friend had given her an album. A local band minipop that I'm friends with opened for them in San Francisco at the Great American Music Hall a couple years ago, and now I am in love. My sister just gave me the new album for Christmas. :)
soybean
wet blanket

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:36 pm

on hi my name is mark podcast...=]

Postby ellephive » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:47 pm

I was at a record store downtown toronto. They had Old World Underground Where Are You Now? For listening, and I listened to it, loved it, purchased it.
ellephive
wet blanket

Postby aless » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:09 pm

i heard about metric on the 'hi my name is mark' podcast...he played the song empty from live it out, i loved it, and bought the cd after christmas...
aless
wet blanket

Postby LaHa » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:16 am

heard about it from a good friend who is living in malaysia. He has the best taste in music and i was checking out his stuff when i saw metric. and I fell instantly in love with it. \r\n\r\n Thank you harry for the addiction, thank you Charlotte for the c.ds. and THANK YOU METRIC FOR COMPLETELY KICKING ASS!!
.:. i am the one .:.
LaHa
wet blanket

Postby dancewhore » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:26 pm

woah, first off, i cant believe there arent more people on this board.\r\n\r\ndiscovered metric [for myself] umm..about a year ago? or a little over that, over the internets, and completely lost it.\r\n\r\nbeen a fan ever since,and introduced a few people to them as well.
--danielle\r\n\r\n[girl afraid]
dancewhore
wet blanket

Location: mississauga, ontario,canada,north america, the world, universe

Postby LaHa » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:19 pm

yeah, seriously, where is everyone?? this place should be swarming with fans!\r\n\r\ndefinately telling friends to join.
LaHa
wet blanket

Postby Wet.Blanket. » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:47 pm

ya, umm am i the only one telling ppl bout it and lala too? cuz not many ppl haha, although none ofm y friends will sign up because htey say its a waste of tiime pfff they just arent Hcore fans like me and lala\r\nHe he
Wet.Blanket.
wet blanket

Postby LaHa » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:57 am

yeah, my friends think it's a waste of time too it seems.... no one wants to join up. \r\n\r\nhm... what can we do to get our numbers up?
LaHa
wet blanket

Postby Amsoms » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:47 pm

I was up late one night, listening to the radio, when Combat Baby came on. I had heard the song before liked it, so I decided I need to find out about this band to give some feminity to my music collection. The song ended and the anouncer said what the song was. I could figure out if he said Combat Baby, or Come Back Baby, so I took down both, I was sure he said Metric, and hoped I heard right. Next morning I googled Metric, found ilovemetric.com (thought it was a bit selfish... hahah) and listened to the MP3 clips. I kept on listening to them for 2 weeks or so and then realized a site had 2 minut clips of each song and listened to those for a week until I finally decided to buy the album. Old World Underground was the first album I ever bought, and it got me into music making me what I am now, a huge lover of music.\r\n\r\nHoly cow, journalist like or what, eh? Hah. Loser. That was to myself.
Amsoms
soft rock star

Postby Wet.Blanket. » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:08 pm

well i dont no what we can do. ppl just dont care its a real shame im just gunna keep telling ppl and hopefull ythey wil lgo on
Wet.Blanket.
wet blanket

Postby jonzey » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:39 pm

jonzey
satellite mind

Postby Wet.Blanket. » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:11 pm

Wet.Blanket.
wet blanket

Next

Return to Main Board